Embedded Systems Engineer
Job DescriptionR.C. Systems is looking for a Firmware Engineer to develop and maintain industrial electronic products for the instrumentation industry. This engineer will work with a small team designing and implementing firmware on embedded systems. This engineer will be involved in many aspects of product realization including electronics, firmware, and mechanical design.
Click HERE to apply!
- The primary role is to design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller based industrial products
- Maintain/enhance existing designs and work with test and verification to finalize firmware releases.
- Create and implement design specifications.
- Test and evaluate prototype systems.
- Use a version control system and bug tracker to maintain projects.
- If applicable, design and test electronic circuits and printed circuit boards.
- Provide support to technical support and manufacturing personnel.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Develop PC software utilities to support our products.
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering graduate or soon to be.
- Very proficient in C and/or C++.
- Training programming hardware peripherals such as LCD, ADC, DAC, DMA, Memory Systems, UART, PWM.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as Modbus, I2C, or SPI, and TCP/IP networking.
- Training writing low-level interrupt driven device drivers for microcontroller peripherals.
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design, analysis and debugging.
- Proficient in usage of lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Familiar with concurrent programming, asynchronous programming, RTOS environments and bare metal systems.
- Training programming ARM Cortex-M, or Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- PCB layout Training with any CAD system.
- PC Software development with Python or C#.
- Training with low power wireless mesh networking.
- Training with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with CoAP or MQTT.
- Basic knowledge of ASM programming.